Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Moved!

I slept in my new apartment for the first time last night. I must say, it was kind of scary. I have never lived in an apartment by myself before so this is definitely a first. Granted, I will only be in the apartment by myself for three and a half weeks, just enough time to make the house look like I want it to look. hahaha. Our new apartment is sort of a town home. It is a split level with 2 bedrooms and 1.5 bath. We will turn the second bedroom into a guest room/office. We found a kitchen table yesterday and I am excited to put everything together. After a little time of trying to rearrange the furniture in the living room, we finally figured out what looked best. Man, that took some work. We have no light in our living room either as it is the type of room that is only set up for lamps. lol. Hopefully we will be able to remedy that soon. Good thing I have at least one lamp. We may be living by candle light. Also, our home smells like an old folks home, so I am working on getting that changed as well. I am excited for it all to come together and for George to get his stuff moved in as well. It will be great when we can both live there together! It is a great starter home, definitely not what I was living in, but something I am very happy with where my new husband can come home to me every night (in 3 weeks). We have to keep strict rules now that I don't have any roommates. We won't be at the apartment much unless we have friends over, so if you want to come visit and hang out, we would love to have you!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you'd moved in already! I thought that was happening on Saturday?!! YEAH for being in your new place. You survived the first night, it's all downhill from now on! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you moved in! how exciting!! I cant wait till you can be married and have your hubby with you! it will be so fun!

    ReplyDelete