Sometimes, we let life get in the way. We are so busy day to day that we forget the things that really matter and sometimes, we keep ourselves so busy that we don't have to think about what really matters.
Throughout our miscarriages over the past few months, George and I have realized that the things that really mattered are the things that we let slip by. Our relationship with our Father in Heaven has been one of those things. I let myself cut everything out yesterday and sat down with my scriptures and the Ensign. It was great. I had to force myself not to think about needing to exercise and do chores but it was wonderful. I haven't had a day like that in a really long time and it was exactly what I needed. George had the same opportunity in the morning. It's a great feeling to get that much needed quiet meditation time. No distractions. I don't know why we let it slip. Our relationship with Heavenly Father is what keeps us strong during the hard times. How much easier would it have been to handle these miscarriages (at least emotionally) if we had stayed stronger?
Sometimes, it takes knocks in the head to make you realize what you haven't been doing and what you need to be doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment