Thursday, August 5, 2010

Budgets

Sometimes, that's a swear word.  Sometimes, you feel like swearing when you put one together.  All in all, they are a good thing.

George and I have been trying to get ours re-done for awhile and we just haven't been able to find time.  We needed to revise our family goals as well.  Well, last night we finally found time to do it.  Yay for date night.  Oh yes, date night last night consisted of the things we really needed to do.  We have new savings goals, Christmas money goals, and new computer goals (George's laptop died). 

We are thinking that we will have a yard sale so if anyone wants to combine and do one together, we'd love that.  If anyone is looking for a large desk or maybe a love sack, let us know.  I'm sad to let it go but it may be something we have to do.

I'm happy with our goals and our new budget.  We even budgeted in date night money which we should have done a long time ago.  Having that money actually budgeted in I think will help us to stay better within our budget.  I'm glad that we found that time to go over our goals and we feel a lot better about where our life is going. 

It was funny looking back on last year's goals.  We were able to accomplish quite a few but then there are some that we really need to do better at.  It opens your eyes.  We just have to get better at following through with all of them and looking at them occasionally to remind ourselves what we did plan.

1 comment:

  1. Keep me posted on your garage sale, I probably don't have much, I threw a lot away when we moved unfortunately, but I'm sure I can come up with some stuff. Yeah for getting money from stuff you no longer need!

    I'm sad to see your love sack go too, it was quite an adventure getting it to Carriage Cove :)

    ReplyDelete