Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Changes

Last Sunday as George and I were driving home from Idaho we got a phone call from our ward executive secretary asking us to come in to see the bishop.  We had seen the bishop just the week before to chat so we knew it was not a chatting visit.  His counselor lives next door to us and when we got home he told me that he needed to talk to us.  haha.  Communication lines got a little mixed up.  I couldn't wait for Wednesday when the bishop was planning on seeing us so Brother Brewer kindly extended the call so I didn't have to be anxiety ridden all week.

I was called to be the 1st counselor (Education counselor) in our Relief Society.  Oh my.  Again!  Apparently I needed more practice at that calling.  I'm excited to work with our new president and the other counselor and secretary; however, I'm a little nervous to be in the presidency in a home ward.  We've also got a little bit of pressure since the bishopric pointed out that all three of us have been RS Presidents and are returned missionaries.  He is expecting a lot.  Talk about pressure.

The YM presidency in our ward also changed but George is still the secretary so there are definitely some things that he has to adjust to as well.  The Lord is keeping us busy.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, kinda in the same boat. I just got called to be the RS President. Again. Third time. What must I be doing wrong to keep doing it over and over and over? :)

    ReplyDelete