Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's & Walking Pneumonia

I love my Valentine.  This year was pretty mellow and low key which was really nice.  I had the opportunity to spoil my love.  While he studied Saturday afternoon, I finished cleaning the house and got our date ready.  I drew him up a bath with bubbles and the book he is reading and let him have some relax time while I was cooking dinner.  We had mac & cheese, pork chops, veggies, and homemade bread.  I meant to take a picture but spaced it.  I gave him a candy poster board and then sent him on a treasure hunt.  Before he could open each clue he had to do cute little things like tell me what he loved about me, eat chocolate strawberries, and dance with me.  It was so much fun.  We turned on a movie and snuggled to end the night.  It was a blast.  It was so meaningful and we didn't even have to leave the house.  On top of it all, it was fun to just spoil the heck out of him and give him some relaxing time that I know he has really needed.

I'm glad I got that all done on Saturday because Sunday we wound up in the Instacare finding out that I had walking pneumonia.  Guess that's what happens when what you think is a 2 week long cold that is almost gone comes back with a vengeance.  It appears to be going away with the assistance of some antibiotics.  I'm excited to get back to my normal schedule and start training for our half marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment