National Infertility Awareness Week starts April 24 and goes through April 30. Leading up to this week there have been discussions on blogs that I read about infertility myths. It is a way for all those who have infertility issues to come together and recognize that there are other people out there going through the same thing.
Well, this year PETA (an animal organization) decided to hold a contest in honor of National Infertility Awareness Week. They are offering a free vasectomy to a male who has his pet spayed or neutered. Their continued response to those with infertility issues is that we should just adopt and stop increasing the population. It is cruel and distasteful. There is currently a petition. This blog that I am linking you to explains it more and has a link to the petition. Please join me in signing this petition to have all references to National Infertility Week taken off their promotion.
For more information please visit:
http://therhouse.blogspot.com/2011/04/peta-people-for-ethical-treatment-of.html
I heard about this and it is HORRIBLE. Thank you for linking it on your blog!
ReplyDeleteWhat the heck! This is the weirdest thing I have ever heard of! Even though I am involved in the infertility world, and have heard a lot of things, this is by far the weirdest thing!
ReplyDelete