Sorry, this is going to be a long post.
For a couple of months now I have known that something wasn't right with my body. I haven't been ovulating or having normal periods. Also, I had been experiencing a lot of weight gain. I went to see the doctor and he tested me for diabetes and thyroid problems and everything came back normal so I had no idea what was wrong. I was so frustrated with the doctor that I didn't want to go back and I started looking for a new doctor.
Then the rash appeared! What the heck? I felt like I was falling apart. It itched and spread from my stomach to my chest. I decided I should probably see a doctor, even though I had strong objections to ever going to one ever again. I tried to get in to see my new doctor that my sister-in-law had recommended but that doctor was out of the office for a week so I called my regular doctor's office. Miracle of miracles, my doctor was booked so they gave me another doctor in the office.
When I got there and the nurse took my vitals, I started to freak out. I had gained 10 lbs. in six weeks (not normal for me) and I had high blood pressure (also not normal for me). The doctor walked in and asked me about my rash and took a look at it. Then he looked at my face and asked if it was painful, I said no but that I was upset about my vitals. So we started to talk. First, he told me the rash was a virus, nothing I can do about it and not linked to any of this other stuff. I told him that I was upset about my weight gain and blood pressure, that we had recently done tests and nothing had been figured out, and that I wasn't having normal periods. He immediately said that it sounded like PCOS to him. He ordered blood tests and it came out positive. I have been put on drugs that should help regulate everything and get me back to normal. He has been very kind and helpful and I am very appreciative. This doctor took the time to listen to me and what was going on and I don't know that my old doctor would have been that way.
PCOS is polycystic ovary syndrome. Between 4% and 7% of women produce too much testosterone in their ovaries. These women have a pattern of symptoms called polycystic ovary syndrome. It makes us unable to release our eggs which causes the cysts. Thus because the lining in our uterus doesn't release then we have a chance of ovarian cancer. It also causes high insulin resistance which can cause the weight gain. So basically I am infertile because I am too much of a man. hahahaha. Glad there is a medicine for that.
I am convinced that my birth control contributed to it as I did not have issues before I got married, but I will never know. I am just thankful that Heavenly Father told us to get off it when He did. I have decided that Heavenly Father has His hand definitely in my life. If it hadn't been for the rash I probably wouldn't have gone to the doctor and if it hadn't been the day it was, then I might have had to see my old doctor and then we may have never figured it out. Thank goodness Heavenly Father knows what we need! Now I know there was a reason that I stopped birth control and that we felt like we should try to have a baby, because if we hadn't it may have taken even longer to figure this all out. Everything in the Lord's time.
No comments:
Post a Comment