Thursday, December 10, 2009

Tender Mercies

I am so very thankful that Heavenly Father is watching out for me lately. I have seen Him in my life so much lately that I can't believe I haven't been keeping my eyes open to these things. It's funny how struggles can make you realize His hand in your life.

George and I have been struggling this week with the lack of pregnancy thing. Sunday was particularly hard as people who were pregnant or recent parents were bearing their testimonies about how thankful they were to be parents. It isn't always easy to hear stuff like that when you want so badly to have that in your life.

We had been struggling with that and then yesterday we got a phone call from my brother telling us that he and Vanessa are going to have a baby. We are so excited for them! There is going to finally be a grandbaby. I am so excited to be an aunt. After trying for awhile, it is kind of hard to hear though. I was trying not to be emotional and just let my brother know how excited we are for them and then he asked me how I was. I told him it was hard but that I AM excited for them. He then stuck his foot in his mouth and said something without knowing I would react the way I did. He wasn't trying to offend, I just took it that way and started to cry.

George had just left for work so I thought I was just going to sit at home and bawl my eyes out. But in the middle of my conversation with my brother, someone knocked on my door. It was my neighbor (who also has PCOS). She said she had just seen George leave, she was going shopping, and that she felt like she should knock on my door and see if I wanted to go. I am so thankful for her following that prompting. She got me out of the house and helped me to feel better. I know Heavenly Father sent her at just the right time.

Then later that night I was able to talk to my friend Kam. I am so thankful for her! Our lives have just been so paralleled in our struggles and the paths our lives have taken. I am thankful for her example and her listening ear! I know she was put in my life for a reason and I am so grateful that Heavenly Father put her in my life!

So to finish up! Heavenly Father hears us, He knows us and He knows how to help us! I'm going to be an aunt!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to go shopping and to throw a baby shower! Woo hoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment