Thursday, April 8, 2010

George's Birthday

ISN'T HE HANDSOME!?

The most wonderful man in the world, the love of my life, turned 31 on Tuesday.  I am so grateful to have him around.  I don't have any idea what I would do without him.  He lifts me up when I am feeling down.  He carries me through the good and bad and I am the woman I am today because he has been in my life.  People tell me all the time how lucky I am to have him and I know it.  My aunt told me the other day that I got lucky and I told her that I would have waited till I was forty to get married if it was him.  We have already been through so much it feels like in the year that we have been married but it has all been worth it.  I love him so much.

His birthday was really fun.  We got up sort of early so he could go give plasma.  I bought him some Carl's Jr. for breakfast (his favorite).  While he was gone, I went to Old Navy and traded all his clothes that I bought too big for him.  When he was done we went to "How to Train Your Dragon".  It was cute and we enjoyed it.  Then I surprised him with Subway sandwiches that I had already bought and were waiting in the car.  (Good thing it was cold outside so the sammy's didn't go bad.)  George then thought we were going to do something else, BUT I took him back into the theater and took him to see "Clash of the Titans."  He called me a stinker because I had told him we wouldn't be able to go to it.

After the movies we went to dinner at the Texas Roadhouse.  Little did he know though that I had invited family to join us so when we got there he was surprised to see my brother and then surprised to see his parents and everyone else who showed up.  In the picture above the waiting staff had made him sit on a saddle as they Yee Hawed for his birthday!  

We ended the day with some ice cream from Coldstone and some "LOST".  What a day.  By the end of it we were pooped but it was the perfect day.  We loved spending the whole day together and I loved celebrating the love of my life's birth.

We did purchase a picture on his birthday as well that describes us together perfectly:  

"I love you not because you are perfect but because you are perfect for me." 

This is so true.  He is the perfect man for me and no one could have ever been better for me than him.

1 comment:

  1. I agree!! George is perfect for you!! I'm glad you wound up with such a wonderful man! He is a great brother in law!! We love you both!

    ReplyDelete