Monday, May 23, 2011

Florida Trip - Saturday and Sunday

After all the walking around we did on Friday, we decided we needed a break on Saturday.  We slept in and then started in on our eating fest.  If you have ever watched the show Man vs. Food, you know he goes to different food places all over the country.  We decided to try out The Old Salty Dog and Yoders.  At the Old Salty Dog we got the hot dogs and we had a little appetizer on our way to Yoders.  Yoders was amazing and had some of the best pie ever (I don't like pie either). 







 The bridge below was built in a way that it looked like there were two sailboats on it.  We didn't get a great picture of it but we thought it was cool.  We thought the sign below was hilarious so we took a picture of it.

After lunch we hit a movie and then George and I got some alone time to go walking on the beach at sunset.  It was gorgeous out there.  The wind was blowing but it was still warm and the water felt great.  We got me some seafood afterwards.  :)




On Sunday we attended Kevin's branch.  It is a very small branch but it was nice to be in such a close knit environment.  He had meeting's after church and it was nice and breezy so we had a nice walk home.  Naps and a great Roast Beef dinner were later in the evening and then we decided to really go enjoy the beach.  Kev taught us how to boogie board.


 Kev and George boogie boarding.

We were playing in the waves and they were really strong.  It had been kind of stormy which provided some awesome waves but I'm short so they would crash into me and knock me down fairly easily.  They were strong enough that more than once I had a swimsuit malfunction, good thing there was no one around.  At the end of my adventures in the water George and I were jumping in the waves.  One sort of knocked me over and got some salt water down my throat and I started coughing and was working on getting it out.  As I was coughing, another wave came up on us rather quickly.  Kevin yelled at us to turn around but we weren't quick enough and just as we turned, the wave hit us good.  More salt water down the throat.  My stomach had had it.  Up went all of dinner, multiple times.  George had to get me out of the ocean quickly.  We got a good laugh out of it and it's a great story.  I took time to take pictures of the gorgeous sunset since the boys were still boogie boarding.






Saturday and Sunday were nice and relaxing and we are so happy we got time on that gorgeous beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment