Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pregnancy Loss #4

That is not my favorite thing to post but alas, it is what it is.  We found out a couple weeks ago that we were pregnant and we were so excited this time.  It had been almost a year since our last one and we were finally ready for it.  I had some spotting the day after we found out but then it went away and we decided that this one was going to hang in there.  George fasted, I received a blessing, we prayed, our parents prayed.  We were sure this was the one that was going to hang in there.  We were wrong.

Through this whole experience there has been one thing that has kept me going in a way that I haven't had the other times.  I have a peace and comfort this time that I didn't have before.  My faith is stronger, my belief in my loving Heavenly Father is stronger, the comfort I feel is stronger.  Heavenly Father knows us, each of us.  He is very much aware of what is going on with George and I.  The eternal perspective that I have gained recently has helped comfort me and helped me be more at peace.

We were lucky to see the nurse that we saw this week.  As soon as I started bleeding, I had an appointment to have an ultrasound to make sure it wasn't ectopic.  The nurse who helped us after the ultrasound was wonderful.  She walked into the room and told me that we needed to do other tests.  There was no, "you need to lose weight" as there had been before.  She immediately assessed the situation as one that needed extra attention and she saw to it.  She got the nurse practitioner to order us extra blood tests.  We have an appointment next week to find out the results of those blood tests.  Who knows, they could hold the answers and if not maybe they will direct us to the next steps.

We know children are in our future.  How or when those children come, only Heavenly Father knows.  How thankful I am to know that He is there and is watching out for us!

5 comments:

  1. so sorry to hear this. you guys are so strong. it is so reassuring to know we have a heavenly father who knows us and loves us! what a blessing that is

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss, hon. I will keep you and George in my prayers. Sending lots of love your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there! Love and prayers are with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an amazing woman and I admire your positive attitude in such a hard situation! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll be blessed for your faith! Our thoughts are with you. Yeah! for good nurses!!

    ReplyDelete