I took an idea from the Dating Divas and ran with it. I made George a Christmas Countdown that has a service, compliment, or activity for every day until Christmas. It took a lot of time and work but it has been so worth it.
The Day 3 card was a planned out date also adapted from the Dating Divas website. I used the format for their Baby It's Cold Outside Date and of course things got modified to fit our own needs. The first thing we did was pick up a CD of the Forgotten Carols music from the library. I love the Forgotten Carols and have been wanting to listen to the music so it was our background for all the locations we drove to and from. It brought the spirit into our date in a way I didn't expect. After picking up the CD we went to a tree lot. My family pretty much always had fake trees when I was growing up so I don't remember ever going to the tree lot but we visited this particular one because of what they had out front.
We thought it was pretty fun. Turns out Mater is there to raise funds for a little boy who was in a car accident so we did a little donation as well. While we were there we figured we would wander around the tree lot for a moment. I loved the pine smell.
Next it was off to Kohl's to use some Kohl's cash and do a little Christmas shopping. I love free money. We particularly thought that hat was so George, don't you agree?
Our next stop on our busy date night was the Riverwoods. There is just something about this place at Christmas time that I absolutely love. We visited Santa, had dinner at La Jolla (we didn't realize how pricey it was till we sat down but oh boy it was yummy), took a carriage ride, and wandered till we were so frozen we had to get in the car to defrost.
Once we were all done with the outdoor stuff we went home to watch the Forgotten Carols on DVD. We had hot chocolate, mint grasshopper cookies, crackers, and a cheese ball. We were reminded of what this season is really about. We were so thankful for those reminders and for the chance to feel the spirit the way we did. It was a great date!
Sounds marvelous!
ReplyDeleteYou guys are too cute!!! Can't wait to see you in two weeks! XO
ReplyDelete