As I was reading a Christmas email that I got a couple weeks ago, I thought, man nothing really happened with us this year, until I really started thinking and boy did we have one heck of a year!
January
1. We dealt with our flood from December, had problems with our land lady and decided to find a new place to live.
2. George started school at BYU.
3. George changed majors from Physical Therapy to Mechanical Engineering.
4. I got a new washer (since the old one had flooded the apartment).
5. I turned 31.
February
1. We moved to a new apartment still within our ward.
2. Best of EFY was discontinued and my boss and I were informed that we would be moved to the EFY department.
3. I was called to be the Girls Camp Director
4. We met for the first time with our new fertility doctor and she told me my weight was not causing our miscarriages!
March
1. Probably the quietest month of the year.
April
1. George turned 33.
2. George had a tough semester and realized that BYU was harder than we thought it was going to be.
3. George started a student job at BYU Continuing Education. It was fun to work in the same building for a little while.
May
1. Our house was filled to the brim of other people's treasures for the YW girl's camp yard sale (never doing that one again).
2. YW girl's camp yard sale was done!
June
1. One of the YW dropped a gallon of milk on the carpet. We were cleaning it out of the carpet for days and still smell it sometimes.
2. Girl's camp! One of the hardest but most rewarding callings I've had.
3. I was sick during girl's camp.
July
1. We went back to the fertility doctor to start treatments. I was given loads of drugs and became a wacko crazy woman.
August
1. First round of clomid didn't work so we had to do a second round.
2. We found out we were pregnant for the fifth time.
3. We actually had rising HCG levels for the first time that we've been aware of.
4. Semester two for George at BYU started.
September
1. We lost our fifth pregnancy.
2. We decide not to try again until the 2012-2013 school year is over.
2. George and I both got depressed.
3. George had to quit his student job because school at BYU is evil.
October
1. Our good friends, the Kellys, moved to Benjamin and we were sad. We visit often though.
2. Halloween was spent at my parents eating yummy food.
3. I received new responsibilities at work and finally feel like I am doing something useful with my time.
4. George decided to switch from Mechanical to Manufacturing Engineering.
November
1. Thanksgiving with my family.
2. George tried to make it through the final weeks of school.
3. We felt a little sad putting up the Christmas tree this year.
December
1. I was called to be a YW adviser (still the camp director for now as well).
2. The evil semester ended but not quite as well as we had hoped.
3. George was off with no work or school for three weeks so he cleaned the house (what an angel).
4. For the first time since we were married we had 11 days off together.
5. We were sick for most of those 11 days.
6. We rang in the new year at our favorite bed and breakfast.
It was definitely an eventful year. There were some heartaches and some big growing experiences but I'm thankful for each of those experiences. I'm looking forward to 2013 being a year of healing and starting over.
I have a good feeling for 2013 ... for us both. :)
ReplyDeletequite the year! miss you, we REALLY do need to get together!!!!
ReplyDelete