
So yesterday, I decided that for April Fools I was going to tell people that I was pregnant. Now mind you, I have never had an April Fools Day joke that actually worked! This one was hilarious! It is the best I have ever pulled. I was sitting at my desk at work thinking about what kind of trick I could play on George when the thought came to my head to tell people I was pregnant. I pulled out my phone and texted our family members. Best idea I have ever had. Most people, if they are not in grade school or high school, don't even remember that it is April Fools Day so it worked out perfectly.
My dad, of course, didn't believe me at all. He tried to tell me in return that my mom was pregnant. lol. Not possible. So then I called and talked to my mom so she was in on it. My brother-in-law and his wife knew it was a joke as well; but, two of my sister-in-laws, my sister, and my mother-in-law all sent me text messages congratulating us! One of the sister-in-laws and my mother-in-law figured it out halfway through the day. BUT, George's other sister didn't figure it out until we told her. She gave me recommendations for doctors and offered her help! Very sweet of her! At least I know I will get help when we actually do get pregnant. People on facebook were very excited as well and most believed me, although there were a few who figured it out very quickly.
The best of all of them were my sisters! My sister Geo, texted me and was so excited. She was asking me how it happened and all of this stuff. It was awesome. I found out later that she called my mom after I sent her the text and was telling her how excited she was and going on and on, until my mom asked her what the date was! lol. I thought that was hilarious. I got a text from my sister shortly thereafter calling me a liar. Later, my mom went to pick up my sister, Liz, from school. I guess while they were driving home, my mom told my sister that I was pregnant. The second she got home, she called me. It was great. She kept saying how excited she was and asking if George and I were excited. It was so funny. I told her I hadn't told George yet. And she just went on and on. Finally I asked her what tomorrow's date was and she told me the 2nd and then I asked her, "so that would make today the what?" She paused and said the 1st and then there was a brief silence. I just waited for her to make the connection and then she said, "OOOOHHH, You suck!"
This had to have been the best Aprils Fools joke I have ever played and I am extremely proud of myself. My mom and I laughed so hard after my sister got off the phone! It will definitely go down in my history books of best played!
Wow, Shar. You're feisty and vicious! ;)
ReplyDelete