Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Thank you to all of the wonderful women who have shaped my life and helped me become who I am.  Without them, I would not be the woman I am today.  Thank you to my wonderful, amazing mother who has helped me through the years with my ups and downs and happy and sad times.  She is one of my best friends and I am so very thankful for her.  I don't know what I would do without her.  She's there for me whenever I need her and I know I can always turn to her!  She is an amazing woman!


My Mother's Day was a good one but a little bittersweet.  It was good to visit our moms and remember them on this day but it also brought a little familiar ache to my heart.  I cried watching all the primary kids head up to the podium to sing their Mother's Day song and hurt a little watching my pregnant sisters and wishing that I was one of them but I know that I have my kids somewhere just waiting for me.  When George gave me my little gift that morning and told me he wanted to celebrate me for the mother that I will be someday.  I know I will be, in whatever way it comes.  I hold onto that hope and the hope that maybe someday soon a miracle will happen.  In the meantime, I will let the Lord continue to comfort us and do what I can to prepare our home and our lives for that blessing someday.

1 comment:

  1. honey you are a current mother! you help so many people everyday. they may not be from your gene pool but there are countless times where you have helped me. And you have a little spirit to raise after this life too! psshhh you are a current momma!

    ReplyDelete