Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hobbler Half

We did it!  We finished the half marathon!  It was hard.  We ran the first half without really walking which is a record for us.  The second half was a killer though.  If body parts hadn't been hurting, I think we could have done even better.  However, we didn't come in last and we finished four minutes faster than I thought we might.  It was exciting and it feels good to finally accomplish a goal I've been wanting to do for awhile.  I'm grateful for George and for putting up with my crazy desires and goals.

Here's us before the race:



If you want to see pictures of us actually running then go to http://www.zazoosh.com/events/searchPhotos/439?evtId=439&query=18&x=63&y=3

And here is us after the race:

I'm pretty sure I was dead at this point and just leaning on George to try to stay standing and not pass out.  Shortly after my calf decide to cramp up horrendously.  It was painful and walking still hurts but I'm so proud of us for doing it.

Of course we had to do a little celebrating that evening and man we looked cute.

We're glad it is done and ready to make new goals and attempt new activities.  Mt. Timp maybe this year?  We're excited to do some hiking, biking, and other outdoor activities and not have to stress about running every day anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment