Thursday, September 1, 2011
Lane Bryant Catalog
I can't find anywhere else to address my complaint with Lane Bryant or to see if anyone else feels the way I do so I am posting it on my blog today. We got a Lane Bryant catalog in the mail with something on the front that I never expected to see from them. The women were only half clothed. I was kind of shocked and mortified that my husband had to get the mail yesterday. I've always respected that clothing store and been appreciative of the cute things I have been able to buy there but yesterday totally changed my opinion of them. I know the point is to give women a healthy body image but first of all those women do not look like half the women that shop at Lane Bryant and secondly, I don't need to see that on the front cover of the clothing catalog I get. If I wanted to see that, I would order a Victoria's Secret catalog. I'm truly sad that that is what the advertising world thinks we as women need to see in order to be happy with ourselves. Heck, if they are going to do it, at least put some women on there that look like the women that really shop at their stores.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment