Does anyone else ever feel judged because they aren't making it through school without any loans? I feel that way a lot lately, like because we have to take out some student loans to pay for school and a little to live that we are doing something bad.
George put in his two weeks at work this week and we are ecstatic! Hopefully this means fewer up all nighters, fewer fights, more time for homework, and better grades. We need him to get good grades to go to grad school and let's be honest here, who can make it through grad school paying $8000 or more a semester without any financial aid? Those with family who are paying for them, that's who.
Yes, we are a financial aid using family. I had some student loans when I finished school and I'm grateful for those cause they got me through a very difficult time of my life. Yes, my husband has student loans for his schooling and we will not make it through student loan free BUT we do not have credit card debt or anything else like that. We have a car loan and student loans. That is it! I'm proud of where we are and I'm proud of where we are going. If you want to judge me for taking student loans then do so but keep it to yourself.
Who cares what other people think? Especially judgmental people. They are just bumps on logs and need not to be worried about. :)
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way! If I was trying to get out of paying them back or trying to work the system at others cost I would understand, but I am taking care of them and don't really appreciate the flack. You are not alone in feeling this way :)
ReplyDeleteohh honey, i've got more student loans then YOU can even imagine :). I've gotten judged MANY times. Pays off though, better quality of life later. We will be the ones laughing at the people who didn't take out student loans in 20 years. We decided early that this could either be the hardest three years of our lives and practically end our marriage and we'd get out debt free...or we could take out student loans and live modestly for a few longer years and still love one another and have some resemblance of a family life. I know we chose the right one :). Bring it on student loans!
ReplyDeletethat was from j'nette above by the way, i dont know why it thinks i'm "unknown", probably because i have student loans, hah.
ReplyDeleteThanks all! Makes me feel a little better to know that I am not alone in this!
ReplyDeleteWell you know I'm not one to judge. The whole last year neither of us worked and we lived off student loans. I hate the thought of student loans, but isn't the point that it will get better? That the resulting job will be great enough to pay off the student loans?
ReplyDeleteI really had an issue with trying to decide if I should go back to work after having Olive. Of course, we would have a lot less student loan debt. But in the end, I knew that I would never EVER regret staying home with Olive. Yes, the debt sucks, but I am confident that we will pay it off someday.
Who is judging people about this, anyway? Seriously?
You and I have talked about this a lot and you know how I feel about it! Every person is in charge of receiving guidance and inspiration for their own family and so we can't judge each other by what we think others should do. I say you do what you need to do and I love you!
ReplyDeleteI think being judged for this is ridiculous, but what can you do. Even the prophets have said that debt, while never preferable, is acceptable for education and a reasonable vehicle. If it gets George through school, so be it! Get done fast and move forward with your lives!!!
ReplyDelete