In our world and society it is so easy to see the pain that someone is going through but choose to ignore it because you don't know how to help. I do it, it's been done to me, I'm sure we've all done it at some point in time.
At times I choose to ignore my own pain. I know my husband chooses to ignore his at times as well.
I find it interesting that Infertility Awareness Week is so close to Mother's Day. Is it because we all need that extra support to help us through the day that is so painful for many of us?
I'm thankful for the opportunity I have to experience this pain. I hurt. My husband hurts. My friends have had their experiences with hurting and aching as well. My family hurts for us. But because I have the chance to feel this, maybe someday I can not ignore the pain that someone else is going through. Maybe, just maybe I can bring a ray of sunshine into someone's life who is struggling with their first Mother's Day after a miscarriage or someone who has tried for so many years and can't find the peace that is waiting for them.
Let's be honest, I still haven't found that peace. I still wait to feel the peace in my life about having babies. I know Heavenly Father is still waiting for me to come to Him and His son and let them heal my pain.
Maybe that is why I still feel the pain...? Maybe because I choose to ignore it, I leave them out and they can't heal it.
Isn't that what life is all about? Finding a way through the pain. Not ignoring it, not trying to forget it but walking through it one step at a time.
I feel pain. I try my hardest to hide it. I try not to let people know that I hurt or that Mother's Day sucks for me but I'd be dishonest if I said life was all roses and rainbows. I still cry. I'm still not back to where I should be spiritually and at times, yes, I still blame God. I know that shouldn't be how it is, but that is how it is for me right now.
Don't ignore the pain if you know someone going through something similar. Give them a hug. Call them and tell them you are thinking of them. Don't tell them to keep trying, don't give them advice, just give your love and support. Don't hide from that pain.
If you are going through it, feel it. Don't hide it. Believe me, it doesn't help. Trust your Father in Heaven and let Him give you peace.
Now to take my own advice.
Want to know more about National Infertility Week?:
- http://www.resolve.org/infertility101 (Basic understanding of the disease of infertility.)
- http://www.resolve.org/national-infertility-awareness-week/about.html (About NIAW)
That was beautifully written, Shan. I'm grateful I could read it. Thanks for sharing. Hugs.
ReplyDelete