We made it through the classes. Classes with disturbing images of children abused and neglected. I spent some of the time wondering was it really fair that these people who don't treat these children kindly were able to have children and I can't even hold on to one pregnancy? Sometimes, it feels so impossibly unfair. I don't understand it and then I'm reminded of a friend's words a couple years ago who said that if good couples all over the world were able to have children, who would take care of the children who didn't have those kinds of homes. Those words have stuck with me through some hard times.
We finished our classes and paperwork in July and started our first round of fertility medication right after. We thought both processes would be fast. Why should either take much time? We had done everything we needed to do.
Mid-August came. Round one on fertility medications came and went with no pregnancy success. Okay, I can deal with that. Not everyone succeeds on their first try. I just wasn't quite used to it cause the last miscarriage we had was on fertility meds that had worked the first time, but I could deal with it. On to round two.
We started getting reports from friends who had been in our foster care class that they had their home studies set up and then that they were licensed and we heard nothing. We wondered what was going on and tried to be patient. I finally tracked down the phone number to our licensor and she was out of town. When she got back to me, she informed me that it was good I had called because they had misplaced our paperwork. She wouldn't be available to see us until the first week in September. We had to find a time that fit our work and school schedule and wound up scheduling for mid-September.
The plans were already not working out as we had thought they would. Onward ho!
I like that you are doing this, just so you know. :)
ReplyDelete