Friday, September 4, 2009

George's Friend

Tony was George's best friend, until I came along. They had been friends for a long time and loved each other like brothers. They even called each other brother. They were neither perfect but helped each other as much as they could. During their friendship they went through ups and downs but through it all they remained friends. Tony needed a place to live and George's family opened their home to him for him to stay in. Then George met me. Tony had to find a new place to live, life went on, and they lost touch. In the last six months since we got married, they had seen each other once and talked on the phone about that much as well. The last time George heard from Tony, he was not able to return the phone call. On Sunday we received a phone call from Tony's father. Tony passed away last Thursday. George has been sad and heart broken. The man that was his closest friend was gone. Things pass through your mind during these times like guilt, regret, sorrow, anger, etc. George has gone through many of them and I know will continue to grieve. He is a kind hearted man who loved his "brother". I grieve for him. He knows that Heavenly Father has a plan and that there is a reason this has happened. Tony is in a better place now, hopefully, better able to deal with the addictions and struggles he had and hopefully come to a new realization as to the truthfulness of the gospel. I am thankful for this man who taught my husband many of the amazing qualities he has today. May he rest in peace.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is a devestating blow. I can only think how I would feel if that was my best friend. May Tony rest in peace and may George find the same peace!

    ReplyDelete