Yesterday, George and I got a little crazy. We decided to pay for and train for the Utah Valley Half Marathon. Oh man, we are out of our minds. We aren't runners. lol. We did our first run last night. It was three miles. I finished in 42 minutes and he finished in 35. So I am running 14 minutes miles and he is running 11 and a little bit miles. On Saturday, we are going to do our run outside so we will see how much time an outside run with hills and stuff will take us.
We have 12 weeks. The race is on June 12. Our goal is to just finish in the 4 hours alotted. We would like to finish a little faster than that though! Here's to training!
Woohoo you are brave! Steve are thinking of doing the 5k, we know we would never live through a half marathon!
ReplyDeleteI saw on the r house runs blog that you were signing up for this! My husband is running the full and I'm running the 1/2 with all of you! When I started training for my first 1/2, I wasn't a runner either. I finished my first 3 miles in 42 minutes!! Now at my last 1/2 I finished in 2:20. It's amazing what your body can get used to with a little training! Keep it up! Maybe we'll meet IRL on the 12th! I also think it would be fun to get a group together and run some of our longer runs together!!
ReplyDelete