Monday, March 8, 2010

Wowsers

Finally!  Today was the first phone call I've received from the doctor where it has actually been good news.  My HCG levels are decreasing.  Hallelujah.  The methotrexate must have done it's job.  We are thankful for the wonderful doctor who has worked with us throughout this whole process.  He definitely has been wonderful.  Now, his nurses on the other hand...

So what does that all mean?  Well it means I can go back to my normal life, yay!  I am allowed to exercise again.  I never thought I would be so excited for that to happen.  He will have the levels tested still over the next couple of weeks until they go back down to zero.  At that point, I will start taking Folic Acid again to build it back up in my body so that when we do get pregnant again, the baby will be healthy.

Then we have to wait a couple of months.  So, we can't try again until the end of May/ beginning of June but that's okay.  It will give us some time to recoup emotionally and for me to work on my body physically.  We are hoping I can lose some weight before we try again.  My mom and I are joining weight watchers tomorrow and heck I am headed to the gym today.  Don't worry, I won't overdo it.

I am thankful to all the prayers given on our behalf in the last month and for all the love and support.  I don't know what I would do without so many wonderful people in my life.  I love you all.  Here's to the rest of this year being a happy one and the next pregnancy being a healthy one!

3 comments:

  1. I am glad they finally could tell you something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news!! Yay for miracles!! yay for babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a good doctor and good news. I'm glad to hear that things are looking up!

    ReplyDelete