Monday, February 22, 2010

Anniversary

Oh how I love my hubby!  I am going to put pictures up someday, but my camera is in the lost and found at my parent's house so I can't download any until I get that back.

This weekend was our one year anniversary and it was wonderful.  George and I were both home on Friday and I was getting ready to go to a hair appointment when we decided to get a room at the anniversary inn at the last minute and leave on Friday night.  It was so much fun.  We drove to Salt Lake, checked into our room and then went to see "When in Rome."  It was a cute movie.

The anniversary inn was cute but we weren't as impressed with it as we are with the Castle Creek Inn, which is definitely better.  That afternoon we went to Kam and Steve's sealing to their sweet baby Ruthie.  It was such a special event and I am so happy for them that they get to have that beautiful little girl with them forever.  It was so special.  What a blessing adoption is.

After the sealing, George and I walked around for a little bit before our dinner.  Then we went to The Roof.  I had always wanted to go there and it was great!  The dessert was the best.  We were seated right behind the temple and it was just beautiful to watch the sun set and then the lights to come on over the temple.  I am so spoiled and it was a wonderful evening.

George gave me the Time Traveler's Wife for my anniversary gift and I was so excited!  I loved that movie and was so excited to get it.  Saturday night we went back to our honeymoon hotel, the Castle Creek Inn.  It is amazing!  They had rose petals strewn all over for us as well as hershey kisses and sparkling cider.  They've added cool changing colored lights in the jacuzzi tub and it was awesome!  Breakfast there is wonderful as well.  They give you two courses and it is hot and filling.  We love every visit there!

I have thoroughly enjoyed the last year with my wonderful husband.  He is the most amazing man in the whole entire world.  He has stuck with me through thick and thin (pun intended).  George started school this year, which has been tough but will be so worth it in the end.  We found out how much dental work George had and have been chipping away at that.  We have almost paid off all of our "dumb debt".  We tried to get pregnant without any luck until we found out I had PCOS and that is what caused the weight gain.  Then we got pregnant and lost it.  It has definitely been an adventurous year but  one that has caused us to grow in so many ways.  I am thankful for everyday that I have with this amazing man and don't know what I would ever do without him!  I love him so much and am eternally grateful for him.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Happy Anniversary! You mentioned to me how much has happened in a year and it is true for you too. You are wonderful and I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete