Thursday, February 25, 2010

Today's Adventure

Well, I feel like I have had tons of adventures lately.  Definitely some new experiences but I meet very kind people along the way.  Today was the ultrasound.  The doctor was hoping that maybe they could see some indication of whether I have a tubal pregnancy or whether it is just tissue left in my uterus that is causing the HCG levels to keep rising.  The first exciting part of this was that I had to drink 32 oz. of water and not pee for 1.5 hours.  You have got to be kidding me.  I had to pee so bad by the time I got in there.  The technician was very kind.  At first I wasn't sure I wanted her to be doing it because she was cute and pregnant, but as she talked to me during the procedure she was really nice.  We found out that it was her first baby and that was after rounds of Clomid, so immediate respect for someone else who had struggled to get pregnant.  (Not that I don't respect the rest of you, just that there is, I believe, a special bond between women who have a hard time getting pregnant.) 

Basically, she repeated what my mom and the doctor have both said that I can't do things the easy way and there is something not normal about all of this.  So glad I can be the abnormal one.  lol.  I always had to do things the hard way.

Anyway, we were talking about my PCOS and she was checking out my ovaries and she showed me my "cysts".  It was pretty cool.  I sometimes have had doubts that I really have PCOS and had wondered if maybe the doctor hadn't been a little too hasty in diagnosing me with it, but this left no doubts in my mind.  There were a lot of them.  So at least I know that hasn't all been in my head.

So, what now?  I wait.  It's like this eternal game Heavenly Father and I play together, called the waiting game.  :)  On Monday I will go in for another HCG test and then hopefully by Monday afternoon the doctor will have some answers for me and we will take a course of action.  Then hopefully in a couple months George and I can try again to have a baby!

Things are good.  I am happy.  No worries.  I'm dealing and laughter will make it all work out.  PLUS, We just found out that George is going to receive training in the pharmacy at Wal-mart which will give him more opportunities to grow!  I am so excited for him and possibly more pay!  Woo hoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment