Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Update - Please keep us in your prayers

Okay, so the adventures continue.  After bleeding for a week and thinking that the pregnancy was completely done with, it turns out it is not all over.  I had to go in for my (what we thought was final) HCG test yesterday to make sure the levels had come down like they were supposed to.  When I finally got ahold of the doctor's office yesterday afternoon, it turns out that my levels are at 245.  That is from 85 during my ER visit last week.  Obviously, they aren't doubling like they should be if I were having a normal pregnancy (didn't even expect to still be pregnant).  So, the doctor decided he wants me to have another HCG test tomorrow and then come in for an appointment.  They told me on the phone that it was either an ectopic pregnancy or not a normal pregnancy.  Great information to find out.  :)

I had been dealing slowly with the effects of a miscarriage and had been getting used to the idea and ready to get back to leading my life normally and now this.  Wow, I don't know what Heavenly Father wants me to learn, but it is definitely something. 

Yes, there is a part of us that has hope, hope that the numbers are wrong, the bleeding was wrong, the doctor's are wrong and that maybe, just maybe it will all work out okay.  But, there is the realistic part of us too and the part that has already been dealing with the hurt and pain and just wants an answer either way.  Please keep us in your prayers.  I need Father in Heaven's help more than ever, if for nothing more than just the comfort that everything is going to be okay and we will recover from this. 

Thanks for all your love and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment